Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Snow Day?

Yesterday we woke up to major snow! This is always a very happy way to wake up at our house. We LOVE snow! While we were out in the storm shoveling the 9 inches that had already fallen, the kids wondered if it wasn't already MLK Jr Day, if it would have been a snow day? I can't remember ever having a snow day in Utah, but maybe this would have done it. Regardless, they were thrilled to be home for it and had a great time sledding at the park. One of these days (years) we'll actually hit the slopes together. Poor Fisher was too sick to join in the fun so we drove over and watched for a minute. Seeing the crazy happy dog jumping around made his day. You can see us bundled in the car.

Meanwhile, Rick & I were left to wonder why we don't own a snowblower. Usually I love shoveling, but this was a workout! At the end of the job we were relieved to let our neighbor snowblow the sidewalk and our other neighbor clear the deeper snowplowed snow from the front of the driveway with his tractor. Gotta love neighbors with real power.

Buried and LOVING IT!!! And more snow in the forecast later this week! Oh happy days. :)

3 comments:

Fairbrook Apartments said...

I've had a snow day once! I think it was either '92 or '93.

Tracy said...

Oh yeah! Flashback! That was fall 92/winter 93. I was a freshman at BYU and remember trudging through the snow back and forth from the dorms. Everywhere was snowed in, but we didn't get a snow day because BYU has their own army of snowplows. We were forced to trudge to class and wait...until it became obvious that our professors couldn't get there. So...I'm still thinking I've never had a snow day.

Dana said...

Wow, it seems like forever since I have seen snow. I can't say that I actually miss that. I remembered when it snowed a little in Wymount. Aaron was probably 13 months old or something and he loved it. It melted within a few hours though.