After the putting our home up for sale for 3 months ago, signing a contingency offer on a beautiful South Jordan home in the perfect location, and wondering if we could bear to leave our neighborhood should our house actually sell, we have taken the house off the market and are staying put! We had to laugh when the kids’ first response was, “YES! We don’t have to keep the house clean anymore!” Right. Because we live in filth under normal circumstances. After quickly pointing out the error of this reasoning, we decided this is one of those bittersweet moments, (Maddie thought
soursweet,) but really more sweet because we get to stay somewhere we love. Especially sweet because I don't need be 8 months pregnant and moving. Connor, however, sat frowning on the porch after we shared the news, so I started reminding him why NOT moving will be so great. (“You can stay in your cool new preschool! We’ll still live by the Parkinsons!”) When nothing seemed to help, I suddenly felt concern for my little guy who’s been living with such uncertainty for the past few months and was obviously more affected by all of this than I thought. I put my arm around him and asked what was wrong. His answer? “Brayden still won’t let me play GameCube.” Oh. I guess staying here will be just fine.

Home Sweet Home
No comments:
Post a Comment