So there it is, I've started a blog. My latest attempt to keep track of our family as we are growing and changing faster than I am journaling and, frankly, because I'm an anti-scrapbooker. Don't get me wrong, I've tried. The image of having our family preserved on pages so tastefully created that they'd surely bring me to tears for years and years to come makes me salivate. My first child even has an entire 9 months of his life scrapbooked! The problem is that there is nothing scrappy about scrapbooking. It takes compulsive me roughly 4 hours to document a single event. Another problem is that my first child is now 10 1/2 years old with 1 sister and 2 3/4 brothers. If only they had 9 months of their lives scrapbooked...
So I think I'll try "blogging," as the kids are calling it these days. Seems like a casual way to write about what goes on from day to day with pictures thrown in (once I figure out how to do that). Probably a nice compliment to my 'official' journal which seems to be reserved for the deep stuff and, as I discovered last week when I pulled it out to write, only hears from me annually on average. Bonus? My life won't be riddled with guilt because moments are passing me by (or monopolized by layout decisions or rivet mishaps.) Sure, I'll still have lost years and thousands of photos waiting for a good home, but I must start somewhere. Maybe I can flashback to moments of the lost years when I'm hard up for a good story? That'd be exciting. Hey, can you print off your blog and stick it in an album?? Now that's scrappy.
FaceTime dance battles
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment