Do you hear that? It's the sound of silence at my house.
Brayden & Maddie went back to school after their 3-wk break today(!), Connor is at preschool, Fisher is napping, and I? I am soaking up the calm. All I hear is our backyard trees blowing in the breeze and a distant dog barking. Our home has stayed clean for exactly 43 minutes in a row and I just ate lunch all by myself in the quiet. Like I said, utter bliss. Bliss that's not even destroyed by the nagging fact that I need to get back to the grocery list and the enormous fall/baby clothes reorganization project going on upstairs... I will muster every bit of my self-control and stop stalling, but first, I HAD to acknowledge the calm. Calm that is exhilarating and blissfully indulgent and gives me a chance to remember why I love being a mom during the much more common moments of not-so-calm. I figure I've got 2-4 more afternoons of similar bliss before having a new little one to train on the finer points of naptime coordination. It'll be an entirely different kind of bliss. For the moment, however, it's just me & the silence. I'll take it.
FaceTime dance battles
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment