Monday, May 12, 2008

Changes

We had a surprising appointment with the Stake Presidency a couple of weeks ago bringing some changes around here as Rick was put in the bishopric. Since it's a new call, we don't really know what we're in for. We eased into things yesterday with no regular meetings on Mother's Day, but our first Sunday without him on the bench with us. It went...pretty well! Brayden and I tag-teamed until the baby fell asleep, and as the hour ticked on, I began to feel a tiny sense of victory that we were making it through with no major incidence. Novice mistake. Our goal for next week will be no body tackling and yelling. Plus it'll be the true test with us being totally on our own from sun up. Think we'll make it?

1 comment:

Dana said...

Oh my heavens what a big responsibility will fall on your shoulders but I know that you can do it!!! I can't imagine what I would do if Tom were called away from sitting with us. I depend on him so much with a little nursing baby and a toddler who thinks its okay to escape "our" pue to just look at other people. If I am ever out nursing Tom usually brings him to me because he can't handle him and the other kids too. But you will do just fine and you guys will find a routine that works. And the oldest is always such a big help.