Wednesday, October 8, 2008

How Good it Feels, the Hand of a Friend

I'm realizing how easy it is to fall off the blogwagon! Suddenly it's October and my favorite time of year. Every year I ache to slow us down and soak it up, but the yearly reality is that we head into some kind of October through December tailspin instead. This year seems no different, but I'm determined to keep tabs despite the crazy busy season!

That said, here's a scene from last week that inspired my Longfellow title:

Connor made this guy at school. His name is Paper Connor. In case you're unsure, that's Paper Connor on the left and Human Connor on the right. The resemblance can be tricky.

Human Connor and Paper Connor became fast friends. Later that day Paper Connor joined us for carpool:

Paper Connor likes to read by himself,

but even more with Human Connor:

He's also quite the wrestler:


Because Paper Connor likes to get rough, Human Connor has helped him through several emergency limb replacements. All successful. I'm sure it has something to do with Paper Connor's ever-cheerful demeanor.


What an inspiration. Thanks for the laughs, Paper Connor.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

You just can't get enough of Connor and now we have two! We're so lucky.

Kristi said...

If all our children were so agreeable.

Melanie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOGAN!

Dana said...

YOu know you joked but it seems as if the smile on Conner and paper Conner are uncannily similar. If we could all be this innocent life would be so much better!!!