Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Best Christmas Present Ever

After the past few fun-filled weeks of having the kids out of school, intending and failing to do tons of fun things with them, Christmas shopping, lots of young women to-do's, NOT getting my Christmas cards out yet, practicing the piano like a maniac, neighbor gifts & visits, and everything else going on at this time of year, I am currently (for a few minutes more, at least) enjoying the best Christmas present ever!! Rick took the kids, toddlers included, out shopping a couple of hours ago. He is a brave, brave, perfect man.

Now that I've had three hours alone with my brain and my Josh Groban/Michael Buble Holiday channel on Pandora.com, I'd be happy if they wrapped up a piece of gum for me. It's been a much-needed, wonderful breather. And I got the bills paid. Ahhh, Merry Christmas to me.

(Hmm...I wonder when they'll be home?)

4 comments:

Mirien said...

Oooh, lucky you! That is truly a gift. It's amazing what a little peace and solitude can do for an overworked mom. That's probably why I've been staying up way too late. When everyone's in bed and the house is quiet, I can get so much done!

Dana said...

Don't question when they are coming home just enjoy the peace and quiet!!! Congratulations and Merry Christmas to you!!!

Kristi said...

We are so easy to please arent' we? Take the kids out and we'll be your love slaves for at least a week...or maybe 2 or 3 days. :)

Anonymous said...

That is the best Christmas present ever. It is my dream to one day take a "vacation" in my own home all alone.