Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Day the Calendar Imploded

a.k.a. Saturday, May 16th.

We have been joking for months at this day and laughing everytime another event was scheduled on no day other than May 16th. Well, the day came, the day went and we made it through smiling. It really wasn't that bad since we simply opted out of all sorts of things (including Fisher's birthday, but I'll get to that in a minute).

We started the weekend with Rick, Connor, and Brayden going camping on a stake father-son overnighter. Maddie invited an old friend over for a lateover and I...did heaps of laundry I'd neglected all week. Yay me!

On Saturday, Maddie & I spent the day together at her national dance competition at Lagoon:


She's in two team dances, both of which have won first place at two previous competitions, and the result at nationals? Drumroll, please...they took 2nd place on "Grease" and 1st place and an overall award for "Get Your Shine On"!! WOW, way to go Maddie & team! They did such a great job and I am such an awesome mom that I forgot the camcorder AND the camera!? You'll just have to imagine what a cute clogger she is. She's smiley and dances hard and doesn't get the least bit nervous. Lucky girl! The two of us had a fun girls day with lunch, getting lost in Kaysville, and birthday shopping between the dancing.

A few other May 16th events? Two soccer games (they made it to one), two wedding receptions (we made it to one), a stake first aid camp clinic (nope), a stake camp cleanup assignment (nope), two things that happily got cancelled (hooray!)...and I don't remember what else because I stopped writing things down. Certainly the most important event we skipped was Fisher's 3rd birthday!! We planned to celebrate on the 17th instead (so it would last longer than 7 1/2 minutes) and he was clueless and super happy. SO happy that I will give him his own post for it later. :)

HOORAY! We lived through May 16th without spontaneously combusting! Go team.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

I enjoy looking at your calendar whenever I'm at your house. It makes me laugh a little. Not in a bad way, just a Holy-Cow-How-Do-They-Do-It way.

The other day you mentioned to Rick, "I just have to be in two places at six o'clock tonight." The calendar implosion was just BOUND to happen when you make off-handed comments like that.


To Maddie:
CONGRATULATIONS! You really are a great little clogger, because of you Matt wants Leah to clog, someday... when she isn't so scared of her own shadow.

Sally said...

What was it with last Saturday?! We had the same kind of day. Exactly. And we were bracing for it in the days leading up to it!

Way to go Maddie!

Tracy, I miss you! I wish we were neighbors.

Marla said...

WOW!What a day! I still can not believe how big your kids are. Very Cute too!!

Anonymous said...

I have this gorgeous beauty on display life size in my living room in one of my large digital picture displays.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhyO2zhAS9ibjT7pa3hyuQx78jitLbFYHrEDShYwAluLe47Os1guQLqlcgdEyOPZGibxGlxqP5U38dzHm_CBoa76K6K_7SioqHSc8Gihq-d01ojiLFcKl7iIGxKjIoiUcCpZEEjTdSU4CY/s0/000_0019.jpg

I love showing her off and bragging about her good looks. So far everyone whose had a chance to look at her and admire her agrees she looks good. Privately when I am alone I love to stop by and grab some kisses. She looks good and the display is warm and silky smooth so it seems like I am really kissing her and this is always a fun and enjoyable experience.