You know when you haven't had time to blog and the list of potential things to blog about becomes so big that it becomes somewhat debilitating? Me too. A lot of happenings, but since I don't know where to start or where to end, I'll just dive back in with nothing.
Umm...
Here's something terribly interesting: In the last week I've cleaned out, given away & packed up seasonal clothes from 7 people's drawers & closets, completely reorganized all toys in the far corners of the house, cleaned out 2/3 of the storage room to match the recently reorganized pantry & fridge, got the game closet cleaned out, and packed away the winter stuff from the mudroom. Makes me think I can simply "finish" the job and reorganize every other inch of my house so it's ALL orderly ALL at the same time. It's a pipe dream, but it's my pipe dream.
Interesting fact #2, we've had rain for 16 days straight. And not just little rain--BIG rain with thunder & lightning & hail & gutters that simply can't handle the rush. We're singing "Pitter Pat, Pitter Pat, It's a Rainy Day" in our sleep and part of our grass is growing mushrooms. Also the grass is getting seriously long since it's always too wet to mow when we have time to mow it. I like it. The rain, not the long fungus grass.
Fascinating stuff here.
Ooh, interesting fact #3, our family saw 'Up!' on Monday (the reward for everyone helping with interesting fact #1) and we totally recommend it. ALL were entertained and it had a feel good message--I guess that makes 14 thumbs up for Up!
Hmm...yep, I think that's as deep as I can go today. Rick is headed off to youth conference in an hour and I'm in the THICK of girls camp planning, among other young women-y things. Older kids are finishing up the last 3 weeks of the school year, little boys are growing up before our very eyes, and oh yeah, Rick left his company four weeks ago and is trying his luck on his own. That actually IS interesting! He's set up temporary office in part of Brayden's room until the time is right to get his own space and...time will tell... Talk about diving in.
FaceTime dance battles
6 years ago

9 comments:
Thoroughly enjoyed your update! Incidentally, I'm jealous of your mostly organized house. Thanks for sharing your fun life with all of us. Good luck to Rick in his new business venture!
Good luck, Rick! I hope all goes well for you. And congrats on organizing the house--that's a wonderful feeling, is it not? :)
I got tired just reading all of the things you cleaned out. I think it is easier once you get on a roll, sometimes it is just getting on that roll.
wow-- congrats on the uber-organizing frenzy you've been in. i LOVE a well organized room-- wanna come do my house?
good luck to rick! can't wait to hear how it goes.
I know exactly what you mean about not blogging for ages that it's too overwhelming to actually write all the posts that have been floating around in your brain. I did the same thing just last night--bagged the catch up list and wrote a random post. Funny that I read your post after having that experience, too.
Also, I just finished the semi-annual seasonal clothing sort/closet & dresser purge nightmare. It took me about three weeks and I grumbled constantly to Brian about the huge job it is. I love organizing things, but you wouldn't know it to look around my house these days. I'm trying to accept my current phase of life: don't-tackle-big-projects-because-you-have-to-hold-a-clingy-baby-all-day-and-every-time-you-start-something-you'll-get-interrupted-after-5-minutes. It's temporary, right?
And love the way you casually slip in a major life change "Rick left his company four weeks ago..." like it's no big deal! You guys are amazing--you'll make it work.
whew! I need to take a break after reading how busy you've been! Good luck Rick on the new business venture. Tracy- I dreamt about you last night...are you in a choir performance coming up singing some crazy off-broadway tunes? Cuz if you are, please don't try to recruit me! ;)
But, I would love to see you!
Ooh, clean and reorganized spaces. I'm practically salivating.
By the by, those camp games were totally a hit. Especially the Skittles one.
Nice to see your still blogging...you had me worried there.
Way to go Rick! Good luck with that...it's scary/exciting to go out on your own. We can relate with you 100% on that one. Glad we did it though. I start getting twitchy when things get out of control too, and then i do a massive sweep/organization. kindof psychotic, but it works.
Post a Comment