How great was it to have Halloween on a Saturday this year?? We thought it was awesome. No crazy weeknight after school, after work, squeeze in dinner, rush to trick-or-treat mayhem...instead a surprisingly laid back Saturday made even better with daylight savings winning us an extra hour that night!? Not to mention the pleasantly crisp weather with a perfect Halloween moon and the smell of burning pumpkins (and on our street, frying doughnuts & bbq-ing hot dogs) in the air...I vote we do it this way every year. And now for the s-p-o-o-k-y part...

Logan the monkey
(he kept trying to eat the banana attached to his hip and would. not. smile)

Dinosaur Fisher who morphed into a really strong fireman on Halloween:


Queen Bee Maddie, with beehive hairdo, naturally
The trick-or-treaters:


And the pumpkins (notice Brayden's cougar, Rick's skeleton,
and the friendly sign Connor taped on the front door):




The next night we had a day-after-Halloween family dinner. All of the grandkids dressed up and everyone brought spooky food:
9 out of 11 (soon to be 14) grandkidsCan't leave out the far away girls:
Spider TacosAll in all, another









2 comments:
I'm thinking I'm going to need to steal these pictures from you. For whatever reason I didn't get any pictures of any of the food. 1,000,000 plus pictures of the costumes but not much else.
Also, that cougar is really incredible. And you're kids... awesome as always.
What an awesome tradition! Those are some pretty fantastic Halloween dishes. And great costumes and pumpkins too!
That's funny that Fisher was a fireman too. Must be a three-year-old-boy thing. His is really cute! Benjamin was pretty dead set on a red fireman costume, which surprisingly don't exist, so I made one. At least it's seen some good use- he wears his almost every day.
Post a Comment