
Fisher Fisher Fisher. I've been wanting to spotlight Fisher since he turned 3 in May(!?) and as I've rounded up pictures between then and now, I can't believe the growing up he's done since then! Here he was on his birthday:

He felt EXTREMELY important that day which is one thing Fisher is really good at doing--feeling important. He puffs out his chest and uses his big voice to tell us exactly what's what. There is never any question about how Fisher feels about something. Since his birthday he has become more particular and more hilarious--such a 3-year old trait! When I finally committed to potty training him (in the tiny after-camp, before-preschool window I found in August) it took all of 2 1/2 weeks, start to finish, can he get a WAHOO!
Now a more mature 3 1/2, here is current Fisher, posing with some of his "lucky rocks."

Fisher LOVES to collect lucky rocks and in case you're wondering, the definition of a lucky rock is: A rock of any size, shape or color that Fisher finds and puts in his pocket. Lucky rocks generally stay outside and mysteriously, no matter how many amazing lucky rocks Fisher finds, his collection remains about this size. I'm sure I have no idea why. I love that every lucky rock is exciting and new enough for him to show it to me. (Whoa mom, I found a lucky rock!)
A few things we love about Fisher:
1. His loud, booming voice

Fisher was born with a low voice. Being born with two girl cousins made this all the more obvious--there was always girly crying, and then there was Fisher's low waa. We always laugh at how he can make the most usual phrase sound very intense. It's not just low, it's loud and low and hearty. We LOVE listening to him say the most usual of things, generally with our names included... Hey mom. That's right, mom. I gotta go outside, mom. I think you get the picture.
2. His impression of his physical stature


I hear the gruff phrase "I'n a big boy" roughly 20 times a day. Even as I type this I can hear him in the background saying to Brayden, Bumblebee's big like me. He's big like me. I getting so tall, can't see my head. One day during dinner, we were talking about his big-boy-ness, because how can we not, really. He became instantly animated and put his arms in the air, flexing, and grunted about he has to squeeze through the door because he is SO. BIG. He really believes he is huge.
3. His affectionate eyes

This kid can turn on the charm. He's always had the talent of looking me in the eyes with so much affection. When he's in trouble, he oh-so-wisely engages in some kind of affectionate staring contest until you just can't help but smile back at him. It's a widely effective weapon.
4. How he loves his siblings

Fisher idolizes each of them, especially Connor, I'd say. He's good at ordering Logan around, which would be much more handy if Logan, though he shadows Fisher's every move, was the least bit interested in being told what to do. These two alternate between being best pals and mortal enemies at least 400 times per day.
5. His happy-by-nature-ness

This trait has even gotten more delightful as a 3-yr old. Don't get me wrong, we have p-l-e-n-t-y of the opposite moods, but at the heart of Fisher is a happy spirit. He is laid back and sensitive in so many ways, the perfect personality to have become a big brother while still a baby himself. He loves to laugh and make others laugh and we love his age of saying the funniest things. What will we do when we're out of 3-year olds??

What he does when you ask him to make a silly face

Ever-so-carefully lining up his cars while Logan contemplates terrorizing the whole scene.
Fisher Diego

WE LOVE YOU FISHER! Our family needs you exactly the way you are!



No comments:
Post a Comment