Thursday, October 21, 2010

fresh air

We took the kids out of town for their fall break last week.

No big agenda, just all of us at a lovely lakeside mountain condo for four days, slow-paced and carefree amid beautiful fall colors and gorgeous weather.  We played ball and lots of tennis, explored the beach, picnicked, hiked around, watched movies, star gazed in the hot tub, played games, had a good family council, laughed, ate, slept in, and simply...relaxed.  

Can you feel it?  It was a little slice of heaven.  And, I predict, a new tradition.






























(I like that guy in the background too)









10 comments:

merathon said...

i'm jealous of your little getaway. we are long overdue for one and yours looked perfect! but sleeping in? do your little kids really do that?? if so, i'm even MORE jealous!

Melanie said...

Where is this heavenly lakeside cabin? Inquiring minds want to know.

Also, that last picture of just Fisher is SO Connor to me.

ALSO, I've never seen so many pictures of you in one place. Way to go!

Latisha said...

Looks like a wonderful time! The best kind of memories.

Katy said...

Wow... that looks AWESOME! So fun... I must say you have a great looking family.
Do you have any more blog kinks?

Tracy said...

It was a place up Ogden canyon called Lakeside Resort (we did NOT pay the $$$ listed on their website.) We rented a big 4 BR directly through a private owner but they have smaller units too.

And no, my younger ones don't really sleep past 7:30 but they played until the rest of us rolled out of bed later on...ahhh so nice.

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Sigh. That sounds so nice! Makes me relax just looking at the pictures! I'm so glad you got to go.

Karen said...

what a great-looking bunch and a great family getaway. Sounds like it was perfect! (can we come next time?)

Marliese said...

doesn't get much better than that...looks truly heavenly

Mirien said...

Sounds perfect! We spent fall break in Aspen Grove with Brian's family. Beautiful scenery, tons to do, but thirty-one people in one cabin with a tiny living room and kitchen? Not so relaxing.

Anonymous said...

He cracks me up so I downloaded the original, tightened the crop and put him on display life size in my bedroom in one of my large digital picture displays!

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi37_aEo8E3pxnPzWtcNtUeFY14wwKzqFpUf9USEA_KWkFFGK2xQqg-23q4EHCD92AwTwk5ywcxb3FMRIRBnr9oXBvzLibFkXOo6NZ-_uzM0wpF6sDFYVFC6HJlVaLm72l94C-6d3auvBdQ/s0/100_7725.jpg

When I was standing there looking at him for the first time he literally appeared to be standing directly in front of me. He is so frickin cute looking in this picture I ended up leaning close to him and began kissing him on the mouth. I was giving him big juicy kisses and was like OMG! The display is warm and silky smooth so it seemed like he came to life and I was really getting to kiss him, which I enjoyed a lot! Gonna be fun having this cutie in my room.