I am going a little bit berserk, a little more each day. The reason for my berserkness is the little voice on the baby monitor that piped up just now,
just as I was digging into the clutter-fest that has become our desk, telling me he's awake and ready for my attention. As sweet as this little voice is, it would be much sweeter if I didn't hear it precisely 0-10 minutes after I have laid another sweet, slightly older voice down to nap. To really drive home the berserkness, voice #1 is ready to go back to sleep approximately when voice #2 is calling "MOmmeee" and banging on his wall. This is usually about a 1/2 hour before voices #4, and #5 come home from school. Voice #3 is the wildcard in the equation and either "rests" at the same time as voice #2 or preschools. On the off chance that voice #1 is ready to go back down to nap before voice #2 wakes up, I inevitably need to pull both said voices out of nap to pick up voice #3, and then voices #4 and #5. I guess "getting a moment's rest" at my house these days literally means one moment. Speaking of, 2 minutes later, voice #1's sweet little fuss has evolved into a fully awake cry, so that's my cue! What a nice 11 minutes I've had all to myself.
2 comments:
Isn't it wonderful to feel so needed! I had to laugh because I could have written such a post myself about 3 years ago. Made me realize how much things have changed. This year I usually just hear voice #1 all day. However, her voice can be louder and more demanding than all the others put together. We still shake our heads and wonder if we've done anything to encourage her tantrums, screams, and demands. And she gave up naps long ago so I enjoy the rare moments of solitude whenever I can find them. Hang in there--maybe tomorrow you'll get 12 minutes!
Mirien surely doesn't have little ones at home anymore. One day we will be in her shoes. As far as the hear and now I feel the same way girl!!!
Post a Comment