Tuesday, February 5, 2008

New Friends

Okay, the mold was just too gross to leave as our top story. And YES YES YES, my kids assured me they washed their hands. That was my first question. They also assured me that no one tried to taste it, nor did they store the new pizza in the gross pizza container. They thought I was crazy for asking those questions, but come on.

To change the subject in a fascinating way, I'll introduce you to this guy:


He is a humidifier. Our old humidifier stopped humidifying, so I picked up two of these animal kinds. (The other one is a frog.) Upon meeting the penguin at its bedtime debut, Connor, not surprisingly, wanted to name him and asked me if Barry is a real name. So, meet our newest friend, Barry the Penguin.

Then he told me he changed his name to Bat-Connor. This would be less random if he were into Batman at all. I am mourning because suddenly my funny little Connor has his first loose tooth. Contrary to my enthusiasm on the outside when he showed me, I shed a single tear on the inside. He's growing up. Plus--as adorable as the cute, missing teeth smile is that comes next, it's always a bit alarming to see it replaced with the transitional snaggle-tooth smile and later, the teeth-too-big-for-my-mouth smile. Sure, they grow back into their teeth, but it's the end of an era. Again. Our orthodonist is going to be our BFF.

(Rick--BFF means best friend forever.)

No comments: