The homefront
After a nearly 4-week summer vacation, the kids headed back to new grades last week, now in full swing, and yesterday was Connor's first day of kindergarten! Despite the fact that he's been in preschool for 2 years and is turning SIX this month, this milestone still managed to choke me up after saying goodbye. As I walked home with the little boys, I hid behind my sunglasses and had a little cry about my funny little Connor growing up. Something about it being the beginning of the rest of his life in school. Three hours later, he was back home and I remembered that he's still more mine than anyone else's for one more year. I'll take it.


The kindergartener!

5 comments:
Oh, I bet he had so much fun. I'm sure it won't be long until he wraps the Class Clown persona up and has everyone giggling in fits. Unless his funny quips are only funny to adults who know better... what was that about the Spiderman kiss?
Oh you have half day kindegarten!! How nice that would be. It seems like not many places now a days does that. I feel your pain as you saw my post as well. I do so love getting a little "alone" time with Matthew and Eliza though. As I am sure you love with your "homefront"
This will be me next week. What will I do big house all alone all day?
Okay I know that I am a little slow but I guess I didn't process the nearly 4 week summer break until just now.(I read your blog this morning and now its 3 pm) 4 week summer? What are they year round school or something? That is just wayyyyy to short. And my 5th grader rides with the High Schoolers because they are the only two schools close to each other. If we could afford the gas to take everyone we would. It takes me 30 minutes to get to his school.
Yes, it's year round school--short summer break, but we get good breaks four other times in the year. Makes for good vacations on off peak times. Next year I may not like it when Brayden heads to middle school which is traditional schedule... then we'll be zigging and zagging all the time.
Heather, you can always come to my house and never feel alone.
Post a Comment