Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Pellets of Mystery


Sunday afternoon was unusually relaxing. Church over, dinner in the crockpot, kids down to nap, no choir, and most surprisingly, Rick home! I was basking in the bliss on the living room couch when suddenly I started hearing loud clunks. Weird, I thought, what is that? Is something in our pipes? Is someone throwing dirt at the house? Upon further investigation, I noticed giant raindrops marking the driveway. Wow, that is loud, heavy rain, I thought. I quickly discovered that it was not only rain, but the biggest hail I've ever seen. We opened the door to ogle at it, pushed Brayden & Maddie out to get pelted by it, and watched the phenomenon until it let up. It wasn't big enough to hurt anything (anyone), but definitely big enough to amaze us.

Look closely at the white in the grass...


Trying to catch them (once the storm slowed),

and getting beaned in the head:

Maddie saved some to show Connor...

Glad they weren't any bigger...just fun-sized:

1 comment:

Dana said...

Holy Cow!!! Those are like massive balls of hail. Crazy!!!