After my trip to the doctor yesterday, I am happy to report being at a whopping 0.4 cm. Okay, "happy" perhaps isn't the right adjective to describe how I feel about that, but it's better than nothing which is where I was with Fisher at this point. Therefore, we'll deem it a tiny victory, a less than 1/2 cm tiny victory, to be precise. At least something is happening. Ever so slowly.
We scheduled induction for October 9th, assuming I haven't had the baby before then. Despite the fact that I'm having increasingly exhausting and consistent false labor and feeling SO many more prelabor symptoms than I have in any other pregnancy, I'll still be a bit surprised to have the baby early. Maybe it's a mental thing, but for some reason, each of my boys have liked to stay put until they're coaxed at the last moment. Maddie, Miss Motivated, is my only baby that took matters into her own hands and decided to be born. Good girl. I'm left playing 'mind over matter' brain games, telling myself it IS possible this one could surprise me, boy or not. Can you will a baby to be born?? October 2nd is a good day for us.
Aside from trying to tolerate these last discouraging miles, I'd say nesting has begun! I'm struck at random times with lists of things that need cleaning, shopping that needs to be done, heads of hair that need cutting, bodies that need new fall shoes and jackets, cupboard/closet space needing to be emptied, tiny clothes and blankets to wash, and a myriad of other loose ends that need tying. Then I realize I'm not ready to give birth! And will I ever be?? Maddie & I rearranged her furniture and decor this morning and Brayden & I moved the crib in to assemble together. Somehow seeing a crib makes everything so real! The more we prepare, the more anxious we become. It's gotten easy for all of us to picture a tiny new person coming and fitting right in. Boy, I'm happy to feel that after such an overwhelming pregnancy. We just pray all goes well.
Also, we THINK we've decided on a name...! We're letting it settle before we're sure.
FaceTime dance battles
6 years ago

5 comments:
Matt asked me to ask you this: "Are you willing to divulge WHO, if anyone, suggested the name?"
So Matt wants to know how his picks did? What is this, Fantasy Baby? :) I didn't realize he was so competitive, haha. I think he's funny.
Knowing us, even once we're set in stone, we won't divulge that news until the big day. However, I WILL admit it's a name that's been on our maybe list and was ALSO suggested by someone on the blog...so he can keep hope alive.
Come to think of it, this could work into my 'willing the baby to be born' plan quite nicely! I'm sure everyone is SOOO invested in how their name picks did that I'll have lots of people willing this baby to be born right along with me! Remember, we're thinking October 2nd. October 2ND.
Is it too much to say that I'm thinking of wide, thin thoughts for you? Is that inappropriate? Feel free to delete this post. LOL
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me it is not the ONE name on that list that patrick and i have seriously talked about for IF we ever have a boy. you already took conner, so i am BEGGING you not to take another one from me! :) i know it's not taboo to name your child the same thing your cousin did, but i just can't do it!
Melanie,
I appreciate every one of those thoughts. People who think that's an innappropriate statement must not realize how much I like crepes. That's obviously what you're talking about.
Meredith,
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't mention which name that is!! If I "rob" another name from you, I'd rather it be completely inadvertent and really, what are the odds? (Aside from both of us having such obvious good taste, of course.) If we do happen to use the same name, I'll apologize now and promise to help you name your future son. I've got a pretty good list going, you know.
Post a Comment