
This is a picture of what I could have seen had I leaned over and looked down:

More specificially, this is what the young women at church saw as I stood before them in opening exercises today, giving a quick personal progress challenge... I was interrupted by one of them asking, "Sister Portrey, do you know you have two different shoes on?" I leaned forward (much like I did to take the picture) and was shocked to discover that I did, in fact, have two different sandals on! They're not even the same color and one of them (as Brayden pointed out later) has something going between my toes! (How could you NOT tell, Mom?) Well, I couldn't believe my eyes and amid our laughter I heard scattered comments of "Aww, she can't see her feet!" "How did that happen?" "Oh, she didn't even know, how cute!" I could only exclaim that THIS is how you know it's time to have your baby. Yes, very cute. Maybe I'll tell them that the reward for their personal progress challenge will be me wearing two different shoes to Young Women in Excellence. That might actually work.
After church, I walked into the hall to meet Rick and told him to look at my feet. "Ohh, they're puffy," he stated. Uh, no.
Same instruction to a friend outside and her response? "Aww, they're not that swollen!"
I am so relieved that my (apparently) hideously swollen feet could create such an effective diversion for the fact that I was wearing two different shoes for 3 hours today. Funny, even if it is a little bit sad.

2 comments:
That is so funny. And you normally seem SO put together! What has happened since we left?
Loved the pictures. Way to not take yourself too seriously! Thanks for the laugh at your expense.
Post a Comment